Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blog Gets a Flag Facelift




I've started journaling on Blogger again because my life is a mite eventful at the moment; that's why I conceived that blog, "Oh The Times We Have!" in the first place, as a chronicle of events. However, I started that blog before I ever honed my design skills, and blogger's "Rounder" template had really begun to get on my nerves this time around. I was watching Leatherheads while I was designing the new banner and color scheme. Somehow something in the film's convincing reproduction of that 1920s era really crept into the style of my banner.


As a side-note, I do wish young women would more often dress the way Renee Zellweger dressed in that movie. An exception might be given for the bright orange hats. I suppose I wish we fellows all dressed the way Clooney and Krasinski's characters dressed, too. But then, as long as we're discussing personal inspirations and styles, I've always felt a little inexplicably homesick for eras before my time.

As a second side-note, I find it interesting that the publisher's term "flag" isn't defined in disambiguation on Wikipedia. Perhaps that should be rectified. For now, see this page for some common terminology I've learned in class and in the workplace, and to understand my use of "flag" in the title here. Maybe this use of the word is part of a dying nomenclature, but if it is, nobody told me.

2 comments:

  1. I've always felt a little inexplicably homesick for eras before my time.

    so create your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I shall. Thank you for the push.

    ReplyDelete