Tuesday, March 30, 2010

forward motion?

I would like very much to inform you all that I've spent the week coming up with something new to post here but time has been dedicated to porch sitting and quality time with friends and family. Instead my day will be used as an opportunity to give a progress report...

The seven songs listed in a previous post have undergone some changes. "His Name was James" has been extended from a little, two part progression to a finger picked introduction to be followed by a few extra sections. On the new additions some of my talented friends will be accompanying me and contributing new ideas to improve upon the original concept. Aside from the expansion on this particular song lyrics have been finished for "Evergreens" and "Death Egg". I'd also like to take this space to say that the latter is actually an instrumental blues song that David and I wrote together and the recorded version that's being worked on is simply going to be a stripped down version rearranged for a single guitar. The other songs are receiving finishing touches and I've given myself a deadline of mid-May to complete the project.

Sorry for the brevity and lack of content.




5 comments:

  1. Perfect post. Omit apologies! The creative process described is a precious thing to undersell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I'd nix the question mark there - forward motion indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have misunderstood. Did you say Death Egg now has lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for my modest version William. Don't fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't afraid, I was enthused.

    ReplyDelete