Monday, March 1, 2010

from ali : a matter of housekeeping

a moment of your attention, my darlings.

most of you here know I like neat things - I like the Dewey decimal system, and clothes arranged by shade from dark to light, and separating the big soup-slurping spoons from the little ice cream nibbling spoons. Because keeping things neat means less hassle, and less hassle means less time wasted, and less time wasted on hassle means more time to waste on more interesting things, like the latest issue of People magazine.

for example, I don't want to dig around here looking for your so-far altogether delightful posts. I want our content tucked in a few crisp, clean folders, where we can retrieve them with speedy ease - which is where the tags come in. Consequently there are currently only three folder-tags which should be used : Inspirations, Quotations or Creation. Applying more than that (cough GABRIEL cough) interferes with the happily minimalistic filing system, while forgetting to apply one altogether (cough TAYLOR AND CONRAD cough cough) creates the virtual equivalent of having to hunt through the junk drawer for matches - and I hate hunting through the junk drawer for matches.

now my darlings

*rubs out cigarette with care, delicately pushes ashtray aside*

do you understand what I'm saying?

----

p.s. obviously, the tagging system is open to debate, seeing as this is not actually a monarchy.

*fingers gold felt crown longingly*

7 comments:

  1. I call for anarchy and matches in each and every single drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *fingers huge new notch in sword blade*

    She must be assailable, chaps. Light the matches and drawers be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *eyes dart around room wildly, scrambles for mouse - cursor poised over "DELETE BLOG"*

    you boys can take me down, but you're all comin with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah and gabe, just FYI as blog admin I can see when drafts are saved in the queue and you got one floating in there and I maaaaaaaay have snuck a peek and maaaaaaaay have thought the peek was very promising and maaaaaaay be looking forward to the finished product.

    ... not that that's creepy.
    no sir, not creepy at all!

    ReplyDelete