Thursday, April 1, 2010

from ali : gone French

I've been ducking my head guiltily at every mention of the Tortoise since my project was waiting on a return call from Elle / the cajones to initiate a follow up, but we finally talked and boom bada boom...

I start helping out pro bono at the Chateau next weekend, but it won't be just dishes - Elle offered to let me help with the actual food prep, and all that entails, including a crash course on knife work.

Now if you'll excuse me, need to go lock myself in the bathroom and scream giddily until I pass out.

5 comments:

  1. Well I am very excited for you and very excited for me. I'm sure you will soon be practicing your newly acquired skills at home, and I will be there to taste test.

    p.s. Next time, just say balls. I could have read the post and commented in the time that it took me to find a proper spanish-english translator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I seem to recall saying you should see Ratatouille. If you have not done so yet, now, methinks, would be the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. William : "balls" is not ladylike.

    *sniffs disdainfully*

    but yes, kitchen guinea pigging is most definitely on the agenda - which reminds me do you know when the garden launch date is...?

    Gabe: FINALLY did - should've seen it sooner

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not comment on this earlier? You know how happy we are for you Al. I feel like you're a bulb that's about to open and grow and stretch up and bloom wonderfully. (Yes, in this metaphor you are a dry brown knot buried in the mud. Do not explicate me.) So happy!

    And Gabe's right, you should have seen Ratatouille forever ago, and over and over. It fights with The Incredibles for my favorite, but it usually wins.

    I really wish I could have been watching Will when he Googled "cajones". I pray it was on Google Images at the time.

    ReplyDelete